Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

CHANGES TO ELEMENTS OF DESIGN ASSIGNMENT 2

In the feedback I recieved for this assignment there were a few points brought up such as, some of my images were the same in my assignment as were in my blog for previous exercises. I have reviewed this issue and can see which images are used twice and am working on producing differnt images.

Also in the single point dominating, the feedback was that the footprints and the seaweed take the focus away from the football. After reviewing the image I to can now see the problem which was raised. I have therefore changed this image for one which is much cleaner and crisper.

This image brings a sence of mystery with it but more to the point the background is very undisturbed which really allows you to focus your attention on the helicopter.

I was also told about the horizon and foreground on a couple of images. This has helped me because now I look at the whole image whenever I am doing the final preperations on them. In light of this I have changed the horizon on "two points" and sorted the foreground on "diagonals"



The images I produced for the heading curves were not strong enough and "quite limited". Therefore I have produced to new images which I hope are stronger and give more compositional structure.


This image shows a strong curve its obvious and has a very definate shape.


Again this shows a strong curve but it leads the viewers eyes out to the horizon and around the bay.


I was told about the bottom image in the rhythm section, being "not needed" I have therefore removed this image from the assignment and left this section with the stronger top image.

Pattern was picked up on for the fact that the images were bordered on being textual more than pattern. I agree having reflected on these images and have hopefully changed them for the better.





Finally the last point I feel I need to adapt is the irregular shapes of the rocks in the sea. I have given them a tighter crop and I agree with my tutors comments and feel that this has benefited from this.






No comments:

Post a Comment